Come home to the Deep South where hospitality and southern cooking are a way of life.
In this first volume of their regional series, they proudly present the special flavors of cooking in the Deep South. Here, food is more than a necessity of life, it is a celebration of life. Want to learn the secret of how Louisianians prepare great gumbo? Or why Alabamians have every right to brag on their fried chicken and tomato pie? Or how Mississippians can serve you the most delicious plate of fried catfish with creamy coleslaw and hush puppies?Best of the Best from the Deep South Cookbook
• More than 400 of the Deep South's most popular recipes.
• Recipes that are easy to follow and edited for clarity.
• Photographs and illustrations showcasing places and attractions in the Deep South.
• Fascinating history and trivia about the region scattered throughout.
• A cross-referenced index, making it easy to find your favorite recipes.
Read Deep South Dish's Review of this book on My New 30