Frosty mint juleps, delectable hot brown sandwiches, tasty bowls of everything-goes-in-the-pot burgoo, cool, refreshing Benedictine spread.... Kentucky creates memorable dishes that become signature recipes. From mountain-folk simple to white-tablecloth fancy, the Bluegrass State celebrates good food. It's all inside.
• Fifty-five of the leading cookbooks in Kentucky submitted some of their favorite recipes to make up this outstanding collection.
• More than 350 of Kentucky's favorite recipes are included.
• Contributing cookbooks are listed with ordering information.
• A cross-referenced index makes finding recipes simple and easy.
• Recipes are easy to follow and edited for clarity and taste.
• Photographs, illustrations, and interesting facts about the state add to the enjoyment of the book.
Best of the Best from Kentucky was among the first cookbooks in the acclaimed Best of the Best State Cookbook Series. We are pleased to offer this completely updated edition featuring all-new recipes from a new generation of fine cookbooks.