Easy Crabmeat Strudel Prep: 30 min. Cook: 17 min. serves: 6–8
1 stick unsalted butter, melted, divided 2 tablespoons minced shallots 3 green onions, white and pale green parts, trimmed and minced (1/4 cup) 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper 2 (6-ounce) cans fancy lump crabmeat in water, drained, cartilage removed 2 tablespoons minced chives 2 tablespoons lemon juice Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 10 sheets phyllo dough 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs 1) Adjust oven rack to center shelf. Preheat oven to 400°. Cover sheet pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
2) Add 2 tablespoons melted butter to 101/2-inch nonstick skillet. Cook shallots, green onions and red pepper over medium-high heat. Stir to combine, and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3) Shred crabmeat with a fork in a bowl. Add vegetable mixture, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Unfold 1 package phyllo dough. Brush 1 sheet with melted butter, and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat process, placing second phyllo over first. Repeat until 5 sheets have been used.
5) Spoon half the crabmeat mixture on lower edge of phyllo dough, leaving a border of about 1 inch on each side. Roll up the strudel, tucking in the sides, and place seam-side down on parchment-lined sheet pan. Brush with butter on top and sides. Repeat process with remaining phyllo and crabmeat.
6) Score strudel diagonally into 11/2-inch pieces, and bake for 12 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown. Slice, and serve.