Quail Ridge Press
You are here:
Pistachio Cilantro Pesto Chicken Spaghetti
Pistachio Cilantro Pesto
Makes 4 servings
8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed, washed
1 small shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, shredded or chopped
1/4 cup chopped olives
Shredded Asiago cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
2. Blend/purée olive oil, cilantro, shallot, ginger, pistachio nuts, salt and pepper in food processor.
3. Toss pasta with half the “pesto” dressing.
4. Add chicken and olives, and toss again.
5. Top with a tablespoon of Asiago cheese, if desired.
Per serving (without Asiago cheese) :
25g Fat (4g sat)
3g Dietary Fiber
This and other Not Just For Diabetics recipes can be found in:
Not Just for Diabetics Cookbook
SALE PRICE: 5.00
You save $14.95!
Naturally Delicious Recipes for Optimum Wellness
Terms & Conditions