Serve with a large mixed green salad topped with your favorite vinaigrette.
Makes 4 servings 1/4 cup lemon juice 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon lemon zest 1/3 cup olive oil 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper 16 medium shrimp 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into large bite-size pieces 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1. Whisk together first 7 ingredients.
2. Peel, devein, rinse, and dry shrimp. Thread shrimp onto a long metal skewer (4 shrimp per skewer), alternating with red bell pepper pieces.
3. Do the same with the pieces of chicken, alternating with red bell pepper in between each strip of chicken.
4. Brush each skewer with marinade, and pour remaining marinade on top of skewers.
5. Heat grill over medium high. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through, and grill shrimp for about 4 minutes per side.
NOTE: If you prefer to use wooden skewers, soak them in water about 1 hour, then drain prior to threading. This should prevent the skewers from burning.