2 medium sweet potatoes 1 teaspoon olive oil 4 ounces goat cheese Salt and pepper to taste Cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Slice sweet potatoes across their width into 1/4-inch round discs. Brush with a little olive oil; place in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
3. Roast sweet potatoes in the oven 20–25 minutes or until softened and starting to brown.
4. Remove from oven, and while warm, place 1 slice (about 1/2 ounce or 1 tablespoon) goat cheese on top of 1 slice of sweet potato, then top with another slice of sweet potato. Repeat until all slices are used.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Also delicious with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
6. Serve over salad or sautéed greens. Per serving (2 stacks): 206 Calories 11g Fat (7g sat) 10g Protein 16g Carbohydrates 2.5g Sugar 2g Dietary Fiber 30mg Cholesterol 107mg Sodium
This and other Not Just For Diabetics recipes can be found in: